Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Girl with the Curl

Howdy! I have an actual post for you today, and maybe even a few more over the week that actually have to do with SEWING. Aren't you proud?  I managed to get up in the middle of the day for St Patrick's to go over to my MIL and Dad's place for a traditional meal and MIL's (early) birthday celebration. I hadn't actually had a chance to see either for any length of time since Christmas, so it was due (though the tiredness that I felt later meant I missed hanging out with a dear friend, who is a saint for understanding). And I took the opportunity to take photos of Felicity in the romper.

First, we had to have ice cream cake.

Attitude!

Then outside on Grandma's porch for photos. I used an action called "colorized" because this romper is a 30's pattern. It just kinda fit the bill.

Just a swingin'!
Oh, did I mention Spring has Sprung there in the South? Everything is blooming and its been in the 80's (Fahrenheit) all week. So that means no shirts under the romper and POLLEN.  And I'm breaking out my bicycle and gearing up for our summer trip.

Watching the neighbor's dog run around.

This one is my favorite. Look at those curls. :D
 And when that was all said and done, we had to go back in and play with the new smart phones. My husband's died so he upgraded us to an HTC My Touch slide.  These things are three times as powerful as my first computer, take photos AND HD video, and can do video phone and fits in my pocket. Where the heck are my flying cars? Obviously we live in the future WHY AREN'T THERE ANY FLYING CARS? Or jetpacks.  Seriously.

Woops, eyes closed. 
Anyway, there's an app that turns the phone into a Star Wars sound effect toy. And that's when this happened:


So, what did you do for St. Patrick's Day?

1 comment:

  1. The romper looks good! Although definitely some room to grow. I remember at the beginning of 2010 saying to my Grandma "Weren't we supposed to have flying cars already?" She laughed me.

    Spring has started here (which means that the snow is mostly melted). But then, the kids were outside on the trampoline in their shorty-shorts as soon as it hit 10C (like 50F)

    ReplyDelete