Saturday, May 26, 2012

Caterpillar Gave Me Mushrooms and This Doesn't Look Like Kansas

You know, I've totally had this photo shoot idea stuck in my head for months now. Desperately needed time/place/help to actually get it done.  First off, I think this dress was initially inspired by Ralph Lauren's Spring 2011 collection. Then it turns out gingham is the surprising IT trend of the season. So for once I'm a bit ahead of the curve. Huh, who knew?  I think pink wigs should be all the rage, too.  A girl can dream, right?  I think this photo shoot officially puts me in the "Mom, you're weird" category.

I gotta say, I love this dress to pieces. Even more than my black floral and lace version.  I like it with the pink bow, but I also made a red belt and I have some lovely red shoes that also work with it very well.

Hmmm, I wonder where I am?

For the record, my coworkers all think I'm batty too. So, whatever.


Such lovely flowers!

Showing off the ruffles and the hand picked zipper. 




TWIRL~



Ok, time for me to go to bed. I think I'm officially done with this dress pattern and now that my cover stitch machine is working I'm gonna go nuts for knits. Later ya'll!

12 comments:

  1. Ok, I don't know which I love more, the dress or the wig. That is an AWESOME photo shoot.

    My kids figured out how weird I am long ago. Tyo seems to take it in stride, Syo not quite so much. Embarrassing her when she's a teen is going to be *so much fun*.

    Dammit, now I want a pink anime wig. It would totally go with the Star Wars dress...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately my kids go right along with my weirdness cause, I think, most of our friends are just as weirdly awesome.

      Also, you can get this and other wigs here: http://arda-wigs.com/. They are super reasonably priced for what you get.

      Delete
  2. I think this is a beautiful dress and an awesome photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a stunning dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the twirl shot. Great work on the fitting too - looks a dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! As you know I had a lot of time and effort into fitting and I'm _still_ envious of your creations!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! I love everything about this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo.... You should wear that hair every. single. day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i first read this on my tiny phone and couldn't comment. i truly think this fabulosity must always be paired with that 'do.

    ReplyDelete