Tuesday, September 4, 2012

One Year Later




I still miss her.  Every day I have some moment that I think about her, want to share something with her, and realize that I can't anymore. I remembered a few photos I had found of her when she was young and scanned them here.  One is a Christmas photo in a green dress she made. That raised eyebrow? Yeah, that eyebrow would send me scampering when I knew I was in trouble. You did not mess with "The Look". The other photo, I'm not sure what it was for, possibly for a theater production, but it is so ethereal it needed sharing. Even this young her eyes held so much.

Dragon*con ended up being too hard for me emotionally. I tried, I did, but I couldn't really hold it together, even on the day the kids were with me.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do in the future now because every year these two events will coincide.

That said, the kids had a blast the one day they were with us. So many people loved Simon's costume, he definitely stole the show.  For that, at least, I felt appreciated because so many said "You are lucky to have such a talented Mom".

As for my River Song dress, well I didn't get any more photos.  And there is quite a few other things I've been working on that I haven't talked about at all here. There is so much I want to do, and share, in order to spread my love of sewing and creating with others. Things that I know would have made Mom proud. So all that said, I will do my hair and makeup and attempt to get more photos of the dress and other projects, since I'm off the rest of the week. One of the things that should help photos in the future is getting my backdrop/curtains setup.

I hope everyone will stick around for the fun to come. Much love to you all!

4 comments:

  1. I had forgotten those photographs of Claudia. She was such a lovely women. I have never really understood why she wanted me, but I am so blessed to have had her love for forty years. God Bless you darling, you have left behind a legacy of family and talent that will be remembered for generations to come. *sob*

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I can certainly see the family resemblance... so please, yes, do not stop, keep all the resemblance going! I'll be reading... irregularly, as always, but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures, i can see so much of your mom in you. much love back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. I don't think you'd really want for it to go away, though, would you? Some things we don't get over, just learn to work around. And one year---that's barely anything.

    Those are beautiful photos, thank you for sharing them. Like the others, I definitely see the resemblance. And I can't wait to see the other things you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete