Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Candy Plaid Dress



The description on Fabric Mart's site used words like "blueberry" and "strawberry" to describe this plaid. Its colorful, its lovely, its almost impossible to be sad while wearing it. I've pretty much written everything I can about this dress, so here's photos!

Some stats:
Time to make: Oh, given fitting about 40 hours, but a second one with no pattern matching would probably take about 10 or so.
Cost: The fabric and lining together set me back about 24 dollars.  For a silk dupioni fashion fabric and rayon lining. Notions were from my stash.
Make Again? Yes!


Check out that pattern matching.  I totally rule!



What's that, its not lined up on the side skirt but still looks right? How does that even happen?



This dress would totally rock a crinoline, too, but since its for work, that'd be kinda obnoxious.



Check out my matching belt! I used fabric cut on the bias with Sunni's Stella Kit. These are totally awesome, go buy some!


I decided not to do a hidden zipper. This fabric is so loud, how'd you notice anyway? Also, I'm proud of my belt loops.


And with a twirl and clicking of heals I say have a good day! I hope this cheers you as much as it did me.

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to smile when I put on this dress.

      Delete
  2. I love it! That belt is sharp, too. Nicely and enviably done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pappa, says it looks very cheery. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very, very nice. The colours suit you really well! Gotta love a dress like this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Slowly but surely I'm adding more color to my wardrobe.

      Delete
  5. Your time paid off!! IT IS AWESOME!! I love the matching belt and matching plaid! You rocked this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I took the time to do it right, thank you!

      Delete
  6. LOVE the fabric, it really suits the lovely frock style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like we're about the same size. I'll send you my address so you can send me this dress as a late Christmas present. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous dress! Such cheerful fabric. I'm loving the best and belt loops - a great touch, I may have to be brave and try making a matching belt one day...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What glorious fabric and a fabulous dress! I love that matching belt - I definitely need a few matching belts in my wardrobe now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many things I love about this dress that I don't even know where to begin. That delicious plaid is AMAZING, the fantastic plaid matching, the completely delightful belt, and the whole style is just perfect. So very well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really came out looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yaaaay! You look fabulous. You did a massive amount of work, I hope it gives you endless satisfaction! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is Beautiful:) Love it.. I can't quite match yet..oops..working on it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this so much. Extremely twirlable

    ReplyDelete